Monday, November 1, 2010

Trip with Nana and Papa



Here are some highlights from Tori's fun trip to Idaho and Utah with Nana and Papa Treasure!

Day 1: Mom and I took the train to Nana and Papa's house. We sat in the front behind the train driver. The train whistle was so loud, and I laughed every time the driver blew the whistle. I was so tired, though, that after awhile I crawled onto Mom's lap and slept until Mom woke me up and told me we were there. When we got off the train, Papa was waiting for us, and I ran into his arms for a big hug. I was so happy to see my Papa! Later at Papa's house, I got to give my Nana a big hug, too! I was sad that Button was not home to play with, but I played with Missy. I love to chase her around the house.

Day 2 -3: Nana, Papa, Mom and I packed up Papa's truck, and started to drive to Colton's house. We drove for a really long time. And then we drove some more. I played with my Mom, talked to Nana and Papa, played with my princess dolls, read books, and slept. We got to stay in a motel one night, which I love because it's the only time Mom will let me jump on a bed. Finally, after two days, we got to Colton's house!

Day 4-5: I love Colton! He has so many fun things to play with. We threw rocks, picked raspberries, played with the dog and cat, jumped on a trampoline, played with play dough and RODE A HORSE! That was my favorite part! Uncle Nick taught me what to do, and stayed by me the whole time. Now, I want my own horse, too! Aunt Jessica also let me feel her tummy a couple of times. She has a baby in there. I'm excited that Colton is going to have a baby brother!

Day 5-6: I got to stay at Grandma and Grandpa's house! I wanted them to have snow like the last time I was there so I could build a snowman. But, it turned out okay. I got to play with the neighbors dogs, instead. I also got to go to a pumpkin patch and hay maze with Madi and Amani. That was a lot of fun! I also got to play with Aunt Jessy. She's silly. She sleeps with her mouth wide open, so during our ride to Utah, I stuck my fist inside her mouth. I also got to help Grandma tickle Aunt Jessy. Then Aunt Jessy got me back.

Day 6-7: I got to stay at Stella Bean's house! We had a lot of fun playing, if we were playing with anything but toys. When we did play with toys, we always wanted the same toy at the same time, and neither of us liked that very much. But we sure do like to run around and be silly! We like to run around so much, Mom couldn't get a picture of us playing because we wouldn't hold still long enough. Aunt Julia graduated from Massage Therapy school, and it was Papa's birthday, so we all celebrated a lot!

Day 8-9: We drove back home. More driving, and driving, and driving. I don't mind too much, though. There is always something to do and look at. We got to stay in a motel again, and the bed I got to sleep in was huge! I felt like a real princess. Although it was a big bed, there wasn't enough room for Mom, and I did my best to kick her out of bed all night long. At the end of our trip, I was so happy to see my Daddy again! Between his work schedule and our trip, I hadn't seen him for almost 3 weeks! I hugged him as much as I could. I think he was happy to see me, too.

So, that was my fun trip! I'm so happy I got to see my cousins, Aunts, Uncles, Grandma, Grandpa, Nana and Papa. I love you all!

Love,
Tori

P.S. Enjoy the pictures


















2 comments:

Peterson Family said...

Those are some cute photos of her with Colton.I thought you weren't going to make it back this summer. You should have called me. I'd have loved to have seen you. You could have seen the new baby. Hopefully you'll have some more time next time you come.

The Grimmett's said...

Sounds like you had a great trip. Miss you all!