Our first stop on the coast was to Fort Clatsop, where Lewis and Clark wintered in 1805. We had a great time reading some history, learning how life was for them, and walking through beautiful landscapes as we discovered different parts of the Fort. We all learned something, and had a great time!
Each day before leaving on our trip, we found a store to stock up on supplies. Tori was especially excited about this Trader Joe's that offered shopping carts in her size. She insisted that she do the shopping on that day.
Tori liked this fallen tree.
We were so proud that Tori was so interested in learning about the things she saw. She especially liked learning about Sacagawea and her baby, who would have ridden around in this on his mommy's back.
They noticed how "light" the bark felt compared to other kinds of tree bark.
Still to come: Part 4: Lighthouses and coastline!
1 comment:
I didn't realize there were Redwoods in Oregon. I guess I figured they were just in california. Don't know why? That tree with all the moss on it was really neat. The Broulims grocery store here in Rigby has little shopping carts too. They are fun.I'd rather use one of those to. Think how much money we'd save.
Post a Comment