Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Grandma and Grandpa

Grandma and Grandpa Lugo came to visit for a few days, and we had so much fun!


While they were here, we went to the temple to look around. The grounds were beautiful as always, and Tori and Grandma enjoyed watching a movie together at the Visitor's Center.



Then we went to the Oakland Zoo.
We found a cage that fit Tori perfectly!
I'm not sure she was too excited about it...


The next day we spent the day in San Francisco.
I didn't get any pictures of the day, and it's no wonder.
The wind was so strong, and it was so cold, we didn't think of much else.
But, we had fun anyway!!


We also went to see the Point Bonita lighthouse.
It was fun to see it. Tori is fascinated with lighthouses.




Tori and Grandpa taking a break after visiting the lighthouse.
The bridge in the background led to the lighthouse, over some extremely craggy rocks,
and a 2 person-on-the-bridge-at-a-time limit. Yikes!



Is it really a surprise that the highlight of the trip for Tori was going to the beach?
After almost canceling our beach plans because of weather, we decided we'd try it anyway.
It was the right decision. The day ended up being beautiful and sunny - a perfect beach day!!


Tori carrying her beach toys in her backpack.
She can hardly wait to start playing!


Dad and Tori playing in the water.


Grandma, Grandpa, and Tori playing on the sand.



Thanks for some great and memorable days, Grandma and Grandpa.
We love you and miss you!!

2 comments:

Julia said...

why wasn't i invited?!?! jk. i love you, looks like you all had fun

Peterson Family said...

i just noticed my comment wasn't on here from the other day, I wonder where it went. It looks like you all had so much fun. The scenery is beautiful. Lyce always has like light houses as well. They are beautiful. Thats really fun for a 2 yr old to like them. I bet that bridge didn't give warm fuzzies when only 2 were allowed on at a time.Every time I've been to San Fran I have totally froze. It has to be the coldest place on earth..